Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Miracle: 21 Weeks

So we are now over the halfway point, and I am feeling great! As you can see from our Christmas pictures, I now definitely have a belly that indicates I am indeed pregnant, and not just something that looks like the remains of too many Christmas cookies (although I have been enjoying my fair share)!

Thanks for all your votes in our baby name poll. I think Richard is a little bummed that "Ephraim" is not getting more votes, since it's his favorite. I will be happy with any of the names so the vote doesn't matter to me, but of course it is still ultimately up to us to decide what name we will stick our baby with for the rest of his life, regardless of public opinion! Until we decide on a name I am calling him "E", since I figure he will definitely end up with one of the three.

And speaking of "E", I think that must also stand for "energetic" because he has been moving around a LOT lately! I got such a kick [some pun intended!] letting my family members feel my tummy to check out "E's" increasing movements during our trip to Arkansas over Christmas. He seems to be most active when I am least active (in other words, when I am sitting down, like in the car or watching tv), though I have been blessed that his movements don't wake me up in the middle of the night. Today during our church service I could not only feel his kicks, I could even see them from the outside! He was so active during the worship and the message...I'm not sure if it was because his daddy was preaching or not, but I like to think maybe he could recognize Richard's voice. :o)

It's so amazing to feel how strong he is growing...at 19 weeks his first movements felt like gentle taps, but he is gaining strength and size, and now just 2 weeks later sometimes it feels like the little drummer boy is going to town in my tummy! I'm sure at some point his movements might become uncomfortable, but right now I am just enjoying each little squirm. It is so much more amazing than I could have imagined!!!

Here's a little information on how "E" is developing at this stage:

How your baby's growing:Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. His eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed. And you can certainly feel him move. He's oblivious to your schedule, though, so don't be surprised if he starts working out just when you're settling down for the night.

No comments: