Friday, March 14, 2008

The Miracle: Week 32

Sara is getting BIG! Don't tell her that I said anything ;-) I guess that is normal when you're 32 Weeks along. She's also become obsessed with diapers - an obsession that I hope holds up after the little guy is here. Maybe she'll enjoy changing them and I can get out of most of that.

The baby shower is this Sunday afternoon. We've been waiting to see what other people get us before we go out and purchase a bunch of baby stuff - so the nursery is still quite bare. But, I have a feeling things are going to start happening pretty rapidly. What a great time to begin thinking about new life - I can't think of a greater blessing in this world. Here is a little more info on how the little guys is developing:

How your baby's growing:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

I don't even know what a "jicama" is - the people who write this stuff are weird.

2 comments:

strollerfreak - Mel said...

Don't worry Richard...I don't know what a Jicama is either...I hope Sara had a good time at her shower!

Richard said...

I know that she did...and she said so in the post above. Hope you guys have a good Easter in Michigan.