Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Miracle: 35 Weeks

Wow...time is flying fast! We are almost through the 35th week, which puts us at about 4-5 more weeks to go! The baby is getting bigger all the time (as am I!), and he is still very active. I enjoy his movements, though...there have only been a couple times where they have been truly uncomfortable (quit poking me in the ribs, kid!). I always take his squirms and wriggles as positive signs, though...better to have an active baby than to not feel much movement and worry that something is wrong!

We are still working to furnish the nursery and get all the last little things in place, but it finally feels like things are coming together. I am starting to feel the need to get my bag packed so that we can be ready to go at a moment's notice...I've been so busy taking care of things for baby, I haven't really taken time to get my own stuff together! At my last appointment, the doctor said that the baby was head down in the proper position and that it looked like he would probably stay that way, so that is a big praise. Now to just make it through the next few weeks...

Here is a little bit about how "E" is developing this week:

How your baby's growing:Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


No comments: